MULTI MEDIA FILTER PLUMBING ASSY
Part No. B075000001
This part belongs to the assembly below :
MULTI MEDIA FILTER ASSY -4 HS/AW/UW B071080002
Multi Media Filter contains a media filter bed (gravel and sand). The media traps suspended solids larger than 30 micron. The Multi Media Filter is back washable.
- Multi Media Filter (optional) is supplied pre-mounted to its own base.
- Mount the Multi Media Filter base onto a flat horizontal surface and secure the base in place using the supplied mounting hardware.
- Mount the assembly below water level to minimize feed pressure loss.
- Connect the inlet to the Booster Pump Outlet or Fresh Water Flush Outlet.
- Connect the Outlet to the Commercial Prefilter Inlet.
- Connect the Media Filter Waste Discharge Fitting to the Over Board Dump Waste Fitting.
- Unscrew the Multi Media Fill Plug, located on top of the Multi Media Filter Lid.
- Place a funnel over the Fill Hole.
- Pour into the funnel approximately 15 lbs (7 kg) of small gravel (1/8 x 1/4 inch) first (on the bottom) then approximately 26 lbs (12 kg) of #20 silica sand last (on top of the small gravel).
- Remove the funnel and clean the Fill Plug female threads.
- Screw the Fill Plug back onto the Lid and tighten lightly with a wrench.
- Note this Fill Plug is O-ring sealed and requires only light tightening to seal the O-ring.
- Backwash Multi-Media Filter before operating the system.